> In my experience, allergies play a very important role in ADD/ADHD.

We know ADD/ADHD is only a st of symptoms we can identify.

Brain function abnormalities including ADD/ADHD can result from
malnutrition or toxin load, which also happns to aggravate allergic
symptoms. Toxin load can cause anxiety, hyperactivity, insomnia,
confusion, blood pressure, elevated cortisol, reduced or overactive
(allergic) immune response, or even autoimmunes, as the system lacks
control (pick one or more), and toxin load has been implicated also
in cell receptor damage. In other words, consider that the supposed
allergic symptoms may not be causative and the that the allergic
response itself can be modulated.

An all-good program to find out where one is really at is
detoxification, usually assuming you're going to also be healing
bowel dysbiosis/candida and leaky gut that contributes to toxin load
and allergic or MCS responses, and temporary glyconutrients to ensure
receptor site integrity so the immune response can maintain its
correctness and focus. Glutathione precursors (cold-processed whey
and selenium) works marvelously in an all-function stabilization
push.

I think this adquately addresses the cause in many cases except
dficiency, which is only likely if the hyperactive kid is allowed to
choose his own food.

Hope this sheds some light on the possibilities.

Duncan