Where did the statement or information that Proteus Mirabilis is resistant to CS come from? I haven't ever run across that before. Nor have I ever read anywhere that any strain of e.coli is silver resistant. I'd like to have some references for both these statements. I see you give the book title, but is there any bibliography in this book that gives any place to check these statements? I can't find this book at Borders.com.

I have read that regarding conventional antibiotics, DMSO will render resistant organisms once again vulnerable to an antibiotic. So if there truly are silver resistant bacteria, perhaps DMSO added to the CS would be of value.
TIA,
sol

grace1...@aol.com wrote:

"The Colloidal Silver Manual: Introducing the Powerful Natural Antibiotic They Want to Take Away From You". On page 35 of this manual there is an article on successful uses for colloidal silver (Pre-1938). There is a long list of conditions successfully treated with CS, and nine organisms which are silver-resistant. Among the silver-resistant organisms are the two most common causes of urinary tract infections--Escherichia Coli (some strains resistant to CS), and Proteus Mirabilis (all strains resistant to CS). I have reason to believe my infection is due to Proteus Mirabilis. Does anyone have any information that would HELP ME! Since we now have colloidal silver which is more effective, does CS kill all single-cell organisms nowadays, as some people think? If so, what treatment protocol could you suggest. Does anyone have experience in this regard? Jill