In a message dated 5/7/2005 5:51:27 AM Central Standard Time,
odecoy...@alltel.net writes:
Ionic silver requires no multipliers.  Since most PPM/TDS meters use an
/2 fudge factor, double the reading to get conductivity in microsiemens
[uS]
OK -- perhaps I'm particularly dense -- but this is the kind of statement
that creates confusion instead of eliminating it.  First you say that Ionic
silver requires no multipliers (or dividers?).  Since we can assume that our
colloids are at least partially Ionic, can we also assume that the digital
readout
on the Hanna tester is (more or less) correct as is?  Then you turn right
around and in the same paragraph say that *since most PPM/TDS meters use a /2
fudge
factor, one should double the reading*.  Why?  How does *conductivity in
microsiemens (uS)* relate to the ppm-level in our home-made Colloidal Silver?
Thanks.     MA