In a message dated 5/6/2005 7:17:23 PM Central Standard Time, s...@cox.net
writes:
My usual setting is 6 to 6.5.  The PPM tester is anywhere between 14 to 20.
Which I understand correctly from the list is doubled to come up with the
correct the PPM.
Hi Kent.  OK -- here's the age-old question again.  It was always my
understanding that you halve the reading on the Hanna tester to determine your
ppm-level.  Then according to some on this list, you don't do anything to the
numbers
-- what the tester says is the ppm level.  Now you say that you should double
the numbers.  I do wish that someone would clear this up once and for all.  I
generally set my Colloid Master at a setting of 5.  I generally have a
reading of 20 to 22 on my Hanna tester.  As I have always halved that, I
believe
that I'm producing a normal ppm level of about 10.  20 to 22 ppms sounds high
for
my equipment and for the time-span -- and 40 to 44 ppms sounds way too high.
Can anyone help with this?  Thanks.    MA