Ummm yes, people *DO* love their rats. Very much.
Some of these rat lovers are members of this list, in fact.

This rat lover, in particular, would appreciate a bit more sensitivity when speaking to a diverse group such as this one.

-Raine, rat momma

Jim Holmes wrote:

<snip>

People must really love their rats. I think
they are an alien biowarfare agent, and in spite of my Buddhist training,
kill them whenever they infringe on my space.  Vicious destructive little
F***ers they are.  They use their urine (oops) and feces as a potent
allergen to drive larger animals out of desirable habitat.  They tried that
on me, and I am now engaged in an all-out war of extinction.  But I digress.
<snip>