sol, this is so right. I have as well Chronic Epstein-Barr. It is one of the very few tests that actually came back positive. And many people with Motor Neuron Disease-ALS/Alzheimer/MS have actually Lyme Disease and could be treated, if they only knew!!!! If a LLD tests a goup of 20 to 30 CFS patients, often ALL of them have Lyme.
John

----- Original Message ----- From: "sol"

Chronic Epstein-Barr is another than can be the underlying culprit for a large suite of symptoms and deteriorations. Implicated in various GI illnesses, candida that continually recurs despite "successful" treatment, arthritis, chronic fatigue, and ankylosing spondylitis (sp?). CEBV disease patients often have hypoglycemia, too. Like Lyme, it is a great imitator of other diseases, and tests don't always detect it. It wouldn't surprise me to find out a lot of people have both CEBV and Lyme, as well as other things all at once. Above info is paraphrased from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: The Hidden Epidemic, by Jesse A. Stoff, M.D., and Charles R. Pellegrino, PhD.
sol

Joni Lovegrove wrote:

Jason,
I was on a quest similar to yours. After many years of continued decline in my health, many of the same symptoms you have and more, I was finally diagnosed with MS, this was after interstitial cystitis, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, chronic yeast, asthma, etc. BUT, I now find out I have chronic late stage lyme disease. It can mimic so many things, there are also many other co-infections that go along with lyme. As someone else mentioned to you, there are treatments. If you have had lyme for a long time, it usually requires very aggressive treatment. It does take someone who understands and treats lyme regularly to properly diagnose and treat.

When you have multi-system health problems involving your immune system, most often there is one major culprit, but the primary problem can cause and mimic so many other illnesses. Keep searching until you find a doctor that is capable and will listen and be your own advocate.

joni