Use it s a anti wrinkle cream.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rowena
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 12:51 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>coconut oil - chocs

  I don't know what it tastes like, though I would like to try.  I am in
Australia, and I use Kokonut Pacific oil, which is great.  I suggest you try a
little of whatever oil you plan to buy before buying a big quantity.  I can
take KP oil out of the jar, but another oil, which I persevered with despite
what my body was telling me, had me feeling unwell for a week after first
laying me low with vomiting and the rest of it!

  My impression, without experience, is that expeller (DME Direct Micro
Expelled, I think) oil is up there with the best, with a possibility that the
centrifuged oil is the best - but as you already know, I have not tried it so
am just judging from what people say.  Daddybob is the boy to tell you, when he
gets to his mail.

  The way I have found the least noticeable is to make what I call
"chocolates", where to a quantity of liquid oil in a bowl (scientific
measurement: one slosh) I add a mix of ground fresh nuts and seeds of my
choice.  Having discovered a pack of LSA (linseed, sunflower seed, almond meal)
that was waiting to be used was already a year past its use by date, I have
started milling my own in a coffee grinder, which works well.  I also add
desiccated coconut.  The sites say that normal commercial desiccated coconut
has sulphur added as a preservataive at the very least, and many add sweetener
as well.  I should like to get the dried coconut that these people sell if I
can't find a source in Australia.  (I also add xyliltol and cocoa, though when
I get a good dried coconut I plan to try it with just coconut and VCNO and
whatever flavourings I decided on at the time, "white chocs"?).  If I think I
may have added too much dry stuff, I add more oil.

  To my "chocs" I also add good-for-you-spices like cinnamon, ginger, cloves,
nutmeg.  I could also add poppy seeds, caraway, whatever.  I just haven't got
around to that yet.  There's also orange water and rose water.

  When I make my chocs, I find that the mix doesn't look or feel quite right
until I add the cocoa; I assume this is because it fills in little spaces
between the nut and seed particles.  The scientists could probably set me
straight here.  If you wonder why I use cocoa - we can't get dark unsweetened
choc here very easily.

  The fancy possibilities are endless when it comes to setting the chocs, but
my quick and easy system now is to put the mix between two sheets of
greaseproof paper in a pan (I will use waxed paper when I get some; I have also
used freezer gobetween), flatten it out, cut into squares, cover, and put in
the freezer for a few minutes.  Almost instant treats.

  This gives me a way of taking in my nuts and seeds as well as other medicinal
goodies and satisfying any decadent sweet tooth that may be left in my head.
Some people add dried fruit, dates, whatever.

  Rowena

      Do you know of any even better tasting oil?  I'm asking because I plan on
eating it out of a jar...
    http://www.coconutoil-online.com/
      Rowena
      Though I haven't had any myself.