I use color spectrometry for determining the silver content as well.  Although
the spectrophotometer only measures ionic content, you can easly measure the
colloidal content as well if the sample is properly prepared.  I use nitric acid
to digest the colloidal portion to silver nitrate before making the measurement
so as to get a measurement of the entire silver content.  Samples that I and
Frank Key both measured gave essentially the same results.

Marshall