Put a piece of gauze or something similar over the area and either let the ear hold it there or use some tape. Keep it wet with CS...!???

Dan

Re: CS>No Subject

    * From: Jonathan B. Britten wrote:
    * Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:42:07

Coincidentally, I attempted to help my daughter with an infection at the same place; the infection behind the right ear was becoming chronic, and despite wonderful results with EIS with conjunctivitis and other infections, it was very difficult to keep that particular area covered with EIS.

I did not attempt to make a salve, which might have worked.

It was also difficult to ensure that "the patient" pulled the ear back to expose the infected area; it was painful to do so. This may be the main cause of the failure. Spraying EIS on a bandage might have worked, but it would have been a bit difficult to keep in place.

A corticosteroidal cream prescribed by a trusted MD cleared up the infection rapidly. It was easy to apply and to keep on the infected area.

Infections above the neck can be very risky; don't let the problem go on for long. I am in favor of whatever works, but in this case liquid, sprayed-on EIS was not effective.