Several years ago I was told that if you were difficient in iron, that by rubbing a gold ring across the skin would show a black mark. I co-worker said she tried it the night before and the streak showed up then she ate some spinach for supper and the line did not happen the second time. The next day at work she used the ring again for us and the black mark showed up again. Just recently I was told that I am extremely low in iron and was put on supplements. I tried the ring streaking thing and it did not show black. My husband did not believe it would leave a black mark so I ran the same ring right across his forhead and a big black mark suddenly showed up. I guess it did not show on me due, to the fact that, I was taken a large doseage of iron supplements.

G Murray

Just today I heard that iron should be taken with vit C or orange juice. Is this correct?