Please notice this: Very interesting!

http://www.asapsolution.com/testresults.html

Silver in Glass vs. Plastic Containers
January 1, 2004

Non-Toxicity Test

In order to insure not only the best product, but also
a safe product, American Biotech Labs hired an
independent laboratory to do a toxicology study on the
ASAP Solution. The test, called an LD-50 test, was
performed in accordance with the guidelines of the
Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA) Regulations,
16 CFR 1500.

In the test work, the ASAP Solution was given to a
number of both male and female test rats. The amount
of ASAP Solution given to the rats was 5g/kg, or the
equivalent of a 200 pound man taking 192 teaspoons of
about 4 full 8 ounce bottles of the ASAP 10ppm
solution at one time (the normal adult dosage is one
or two teaspoons/day).

As a result of the test work, the independent
laboratory made the following conclusion, "Under the
conditions of this study, there was no mortality or
significant evidence of toxicity observed in the rats.
The test article (ASAP Solution) would not be
considered toxic at a dose of 5g/kg by oral route in
the rat."

American Biotech Labs Safety Data

American Biotech Labs has had five independent safety
and toxicity tests completed on its 10 and 22 PPM
silver products. The American Biotech Labs product was
tested in animals at as much as 200 times the normal
adult dosage, or the equivalent of an adult consuming
32 full ounces of the 10 ppm product at one sitting.
In conclusion to the animal tests, the independent
medical testing laboratory stated that the ASAP
Solution® was found to be completely non-toxic to the
test animals.  The product was also tested for
cytotoxicity in both human epithelial cells and also
African green monkey or Vero cells, at both the
regular 10 ppm level and also at the extra-strength 22
ppm level.  In all four cytotoxicity tests the
Amreican Biotech Labs' products were found completely
non-toxic to both the human and Vero cells.

Silver in Glass vs. Plastic Containers

Introduction
A great deal of controversy has arisen in the market
place on the question of whether it is better to store
silver solutions in glass versus plastic containers.
There is a misconception that has prevailed in the
market place that glass is better.  The idea that
glass containers are better for storing products which
contain silver has never been proven scientifically.
In fact, it has been reported in other studies that
glass may have a detrimental effect on silver
products.

Test Work
I have been conducting biological studies for 3 years,
in the laboratory of a major private institution, on
the use of silver products to kill and inhibit the
growth of bacteria.  I have conducted thousands of
tests on numerous strains of pathogenic bacteria. In
the testing I have completed, I have used both glass
(5 ml glass test tubes) and plastic (Falcon 5 ml
polypropylene plastic test tubes). In some of the test
work we found that there was a difference in the
amount of silver that was needed to kill the bacteria
when glass was used versus plastic test tubes.  In
order to make sure this was the case, it was decided
that the MIC tests (Minimum Inhibitory Concentration)
should be replicated by more than one person and a
direct comparison was made.  The MIC tests were
performed in triplicate in both 5 ml 13X100mm glass
test tubes and 5 ml Falcon polypropylene plastic test
tubes.  Results of the bacterial (MIC) tests showed
that Staphylococcus aureus was inhibited at 2.5 ppm
when the MIC test was performed in the plastic test
tubes.  S. aureus was inhibited at 5 ppm when the MIC
test was performed in glass test tubes.  This
suggested that the material with which the test tubes
were made, specifically glass or plastic, may have
effected the results of the MIC test.  Numerous other
tests were also completed using larger concentrations
of bacterium and in those tests it was found that
there was no significant difference at all between
using the glass test tubes versus plastic test tubes.

Other Studies
The studies which I performed are not the only tests
showing that glass, in some circumstances, may have a
detrimental effect on silver products.  It has been
noted in another independent study which has been
cited by other researchers that silver can adsorb to
glass (Chambers 1960; Thurman 1989). With this in
mind, it may have been possible that the silver could
have adsorbed to the surface of the glass test tubes
reducing the concentration of available silver
interacting with the bacteria which resulted in having
to use a higher amount of silver to kill the bacteria
when the glass test tubes were used.

Conclusion
In the test work I have completed as well as in other
available studies, it was found that glass may, in
some cases, have a detrimental effect on silver
products.  While it can be said that glass did not
always show the detrimental effect, it can also be
stated that we found no problems at all with using the
plastic instead of glass.  Our tests, in conclusion
with the other available independent study (1Chambers
et al. and 2Thurman et al.), would suggest, by
inference, that silver products should not be stored
in glass containers which could reduce the available
concentration of silver, but rather in a high quality
plastic container.

Respectively,

David A. Revelli, MS