Ian Roe wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Is there anything to be really concerned about in adding Sodium Bicarb to
> Distilled water in small amounts, say to increase PPM  to 5 before starting
> the electrolytic process for CS?

If you do then you will be making silver carbonate. Little if any colloidal
silver will be generated until all the sodium bicarb is used up.

> I had been using 25% CS ( 1000 ml Starter
> plus 3000 ml Distilled) from the previous batches but have found that
> starting with 5 ppm Sodium Bicarb greatly speeds the process up and the CS
> that comes out is clear and tastes like good CS and it works.

Using sodium bicarb. would increase the speed a lot.  Maybe silver carbonate
works fine for what you are using it for, or maybe you are continuing the
electrolysis beyond where the sodium bicarb has been used up.

Marshall