It would probably be useless to plate the inside of copper water pipes
with silver.
Most water has a lot of minerals in it and it will drop out and cover
the insides of the pipes.
Of course, if your water is acidic, I don't believe this would happen;
you would be in trouble.

Why do you say not to put CS down the well?  Or is that only if you
have a septic tank?

Dan

>>> Ode Coyote <odecoy...@alltel.net> 9/29/2005 6:43:30 AM >>>
 Personally, I don't see a thing wrong with flexible plastic pipes.

They don't tend to break, crack or permanently  swell when frozen,
erode
with acidic water, clog with calcium, clank with pressure surges.  It
costs a pile less to buy and install and formulations been changed
since
the near distant past to be chlorine resistant.

 If you spring for teflon, that's about as inert and tough as it
gets...but pricy. [Maybe not more after installation labor than copper.

Copper is a LOT of 'work']

 And too much copper can be a health problem. [Fairly rare that it IS
problem, but if you're getting blue stains in the sink, guess where
your
pipes are going.]

If you're going with silver liner to protect 'you' somehow, by
consuming
silver, it might kill your septic tank and the silver won't last in
the
pipes. So, eventually back to plain copper... along with a dead tank.

 PS, don't pour CS down the drain or down the well.

Ode