----- Original Message ----- From: "Rowena" <new...@aapt.net.au>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 3:51 AM
Subject: Re: CS>Gold crowns and battery effect - residual amalgam

Gail Wrote:
It is possible for amalgam to be hidden under a crown. I had a porcelain
crown removed and replaced last year because my bio-dentist xrayed it and
found amalgam left under the crown by my previous idiot dentist. I never
would have known it was there

Yes, indeed - I got my then dentist to take a particular amalgam filling out
and replace it with white stuff.  After he finished, he looked at it
dubiously and said, "I'm sorry, the amalgam has stained your tooth."  What
did I know? This the same guy who assured me, uncomfortably, that amalgam
had been used for X hundred years - no mention of changes to formula or
anything else.  I never went back to that one.

Years later, my biodentist removed it, and told me that there was still
amalgam in the cavity. Stained my tooth, indeed! I'd stain his tooth if I ever got the chance. Well, no, I wouldn't, but it's a pretty poor show when
your health professionals will just say things which are not true.

Rowena