There is a world famous Autism Center in San Diego, founded several decades ago by Dr. Bernard Rimland, whose own son was autistic.  Search engines will all bring this up. I used Ask Jeeves.  They provide a great deal of information and support to parents, do research, etc.  http://www.autismwebsite.com/ari/index.htm

They can give you questionnaires about the child's functioning, then interpret that information and provide other help.   You will find a lot of information about their ongoing research into causes of autism, such as vaccinations, and how to deal with it -- diet modification, behavioral training, and chelation, etc.

The autistic grandson of  a friend has been helped a great deal by diet changes.  Autistic kids are particularly sensitive to foods such as wheat and milk, and elimination of these and other foods can make a world of difference.

www.tinsnips.com is a website for parents and teachers of autistic children -- lots of information and helpful links there!

The rise of incidence is appalling.  When I was in grad school in 1970, I had heard of autism only as a very rare disorder, thought to be caused by inadequate, cold mothers.  (That'll teach us to listen to shrinks!)   As a school psychologist, I saw my first case of it in 1982.  Once seen only about once in 10,000, the incidence rate is now something like 1 in 180.  Read the articles on vaccination and autism and draw your own conclusions!

Good luck.  God bless!

Marlys -- The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver. Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org To post, address your message to: silver-list@eskimo.com Silver List archive: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/index.html Address Off-Topic messages to: silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com OT Archive: http://escribe.com/health/silverofftopiclist/index.html List maintainer: Mike Devour