I agree with what you say, Nenah, and thank you for the reply. It is regrettable that there electro-medicine remains so obscure, though. What I would like to see is the kind of disprovable confirmation of my speculation that would lead to acceptance and widespread use among people who treat mental illnesses. If you are aware of any researchers who have the funding and ability to carry out the kind of double or triple-blind studies needed, please let the list know. It would be interesting to follow such work. I did read a newspaper article some years ago about the new low-energy variations of electro-convulsive therapy, but the clinicians using it seemed to have no clear idea of why it worked.

C. Creel may know whether anyone has ever used electro-medicine successfully to treat schizophrenia. It would be good to know if so. Bob Beck claimed great results with addictive disorders.

On Monday, Dec 12, 2005, at 23:57 Asia/Tokyo, Nenah Sylver wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan B. Britten" <jbrit...@cc.nakamura-u.ac.jp>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 1:45 AM
Subject: Re: CS>Re: CS- Schizophrenia

I am not a medical researcher, but I will take the liberty of passing on a personal speculation that I think in time may be proved by someone, somewhere: electrical therapy, long known to be useful in treating depression, works because it kills or debilitates pathogens that cause the affective disorder. Some clinicians now, I read, have replaced the old, horrifyingly massive electro-convulsive methods with much milder and longer series of electro-shock.

When I read this, Bob Beck's therapeutic regimen came to mind immediately, along with my little speculation, which of course is far below the standard of being called a hypothesis.

Some members might want to keep the idea in mind and see whether it eventually come to correspond with any clinical experiments. If it does, it might turn out that techniques some of our list members use may have mental health benefits.

Jonathan,
This is old news to Rifers and people in the electromedicine field. Dr. Steven Haltiwanger, Jimmie Holman, Carolyn McKinley (I think that's her name) dozens of others besides Bob Beck are using various types of currents -- different voltages, different wave forms, high or low duty cycle, high and low frequencies, with electrode units, plasma light units, even amplifiers from the stereo set -- to both kill microbes and regenerate tissue. The body is one huge electromagnetic energy field with electrical and magnetic components. Oh, and did I mention sound and visible light? Not to mention FIR and UV.

If you join any one of the many Rife lists on Yahoo, you may find enough information to say, inspire you to write a book ;-) I know I did.

Best,
Nenah

Nenah Sylver, PhD
http://www.nenahsylver.com
* The Handbook of Rife Frequency Healing
* The Holistic Handbook of Sauna Therapy
* products and services for wellness