Generally 6 drops to the quart is enough to clear color and that can take a day or so to complete.

Using the CS shouldn't hurt anything.

Ode

At 09:50 AM 12/17/2005 -0600, you wrote:

Ok, I just tried adding a drop of H2O2 to my first batch of cs. I made it a couple days ago and it started out clear but then turned somewhat yellow by the next day. When I added the H2O2 it turned the cs brown. I tried adding bit more but it didn't clear it. I'm not sure what to do now. Can I still use the cs? Should I add more H2O2?
Shelli

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ode Coyote" <odecoy...@alltel.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 7:19 AM
Subject: Re: CS>H2O2 and EIS

## Using H2O2 at different times and in different amounts yields different results.

1] The tiniest amount in very fresh EIS will make it go milky white and a little more...milky brown with an eventual collection of gas bubbles on the sides of the container and slight clearing of the very heavy white or brown 'milky' TE
 Add even more and it goes clear again.
Whatever change happens at this stage appears to be permanent until more H2O2 is added to clear it up. [ie "Browned" EIS doesn't go colorless if left alone]

2] H2O2 in well [time] stabilized colorless EIS has no apparent effect, though it may break up particles 'if' there are some biggish ones and change the TE one way or the other, depending.

3] H2O2 in a colored EIS will clear the color. TE may or may not be affected.

What this tells me is that very fresh EIS [CS] , before the conductivity drop completes itself, is very different from stored EIS. The only thing I can think of that also may tie into conductivity drops during a stabilization period is that ions and anions take some amount of time to find each other and combine. If that is so, the chemical and catalytic properties of fresh EIS may well be changing as well and reacts differently to H2O2 in different amounts at different times.

Granted, you can't have ions without anions and they are 'produced' simultaneously, but aren't they produced at opposite electrodes? Ions and anions would then be physical entities with a distance between them and a time element for traveling that distance. If left alone, they'll make the misnamed "ion cloud" with different appearing particles [golden on one side with black spot, white on the other with white spot... spots appearing at the points where such a "track" impacts the bottom of a container] appearing to come from one electrode to the other with nothing visible in between ["Ion tracking"] unless that portion impacts the container, in which case you get ,metallic silver plateout.

 Humm not very clearly stated...

OK, Electrodes being close to the bottom of the container and no stirring being used and current density is high. Particle clouds form and sag downwards with particles streaming off and flowing down both electrodes, arching each towards the other electrode and hitting the bottom along the way. One electrode sheds golden particles and forms a black spot under it [silver oxides?] The other electrode sheds white particles and forms a white spot. [silver hydroxides?] In between the spots, no particles visible, but there is pure metallic silver plateout after a while.

Apparently, in that zone, there are no oxides OR hydroxides...just pure invisible silver somehow. [ silver Ions picking up electrons from the glass and going metallic?..and if they DON'T hit the glass and plate out? Still invisible and still there.]

Anyhow, it's obvious there are at least 3 different things going on....in different places, each taking time, probably 4 and maybe more and some percentage of all of it drifting around in the water.

If you mix everything up, [make it all drift] mutual targeting could be delayed and there could be 3 , 4 or more different unstable configurations and forms of silver, hydrogen and oxygen co-existing dynamically in the same area for some amount of time, going through different stages and sequences of getting together.

Now, add an H2O2 radical wild card at different times to mess up the natural balance of yet to be married components and you get completely differing results at different times.

Yea, I AM confused!
Like herding cats by adding dogs, some you can see and others you can't... It's confusing!

Ode the Whirlyheaded......honeymooning in a brothel in the dark?
That 'works' just fine and 'what' does happen... you just don't know 'who' you're doing and when.
Honey?  Dat you?  Why do you use different voices to say yes?