At 09:58 AM 12/28/2005 -0800, you wrote:

Hi Marshall,

The TDS reads about one half the ionic silver content so you double the reading. The PWT reads about one to one. Does that make sense?

Once the PWT meter is calibrated using the standard solution of 84 uS the meter is reading directly in uS from 0-99.9. That would also be 0-99.9 ionic silver PPM.

We do not calibrate the meters. That's up to the customer to do using the calibration solution.
I hope this helps you,

Best regards,

Trem
customer_serv...@silvergen.com
www.silvergen.com

## I haven't run across one yet where the factory calibration was off...but doing that calibration yourself is a whole 'nuther can of worms. [Especially when you discover the factory supplied solution is off by exactly 50%......which it usually isn't]

Hints:
1] Store both the meter and the solution in the same spot for a while and Don't let the solution be warming up in your hand as you calibrate the meter. [Temperature compensation compensates for the meters temperature]
2]  Ignore the temperature chart on the solution bottle.

So long as the meter and the solution is at the same temperature, it all works out. Why Hanna doesn't tell you that in the calibration instructions, I have no clue.

 Hanna Tech should be named  the product defense department.
The only info I ever got out of them was " The PWT is a good meter [it is], Yer and idiot, [ I already knew that] , the solution is accurate [it wasn't], the instructions are complete [they aren't]....so don't ask questions"

Ode

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marshall Dudley" <mdud...@king-cart.com>