From: "V" <vzo...@yahoo.com>
To: "Pat" <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Niacin

> Hi Pat,
>
> yeah acid reflux is a diffrenet problem. that happens when the little
valve at the bottom of the esaphagus that closes off the stomach get stuck
in the open position then acid come up and burns the esophagus which is not
made to withstad acid from stomach. some aloe vera preperations help with
taht but i heard there was a way to reset the valve so it closes and opens
properly again but i dont know the proceduer. it is somethnig you can do
yourself.

> Take care,
>

> > It was just assumed I had too much acid.  The  first time I had pain and
> > it went through to my back.  The doctor  assumed I had an ulcer and
> > didn't think testing was necessary since it  was my first problem.  The
> > Zantac worked great (took it for 6  weeks) and I never had a problem
> > again with that.  Then the other  time I was having lots of chest pain
> > which we figured out was really  coming from the stomach or esophagus.
> > She assumed it was from  acid splashing into the esophagus (acid reflux)
> > and prescribed Prilosec  which increased my pain.  So I took Zantac
again
> > and it made  everything feel good.  I take it now if I overeat or
> > whatever and  have a one time burning pain in the chest. Often Tums or
> > other antacids  made me feel like I'd eaten a concrete block.

Pat