I have make my own creams. There is too much oil and wax and for CS to be an effective preservative, just like it is not effective in gels, and in my experience CS is ineffective in heavy whipping cream. I have read that GSE is a good preservative for homemade creams and lotions, and there are several recipes online which use that as a preservative.(I don't have the links, but a google search should find many) I keep my creams in the fridge in small containers.
sol

deborah byron wrote:

I'd like to know if anyone here makes their own cosmetics, lotions, etc. and has figured out how to use CS as a preservative.