Okay, let's see if I can smooth this out a little bit.

I will do this publicly, since it was brought to the list, while I've
also sent copies directly to each of you so that you can respond off-
list to me, please.

First thing, issues like this should be handled privately so as not to
burden the rest of the membership. I hope you'll e-mail me directly,
Deborah, if ever something like this happens again.

Second, your treatment of other members, even in private e-mail, does
have a bearing on your membership in the group. So Deborah G. does have
a valid reason to complain to me.

Third, it is crucial to develop a thick skin and learn to *IGNORE*
anything *but* the most obvious and direct personal attacks, because if
it is the least bit subtle then it probably is not intended -- or not
important enough to worry over.

I think the first blow was this remark by Debbie M.:
> How did you cure your leaky gut, the obvious question that you did
> not answer.

Which prompted Deborah G.'s response:
> I don't recall that being the question... but...

Which quickly degenerated into Debbie M.'s private attack and Deborah's
un-genteel and public rejoinder... <sigh!>

The thing I hope you'll all notice, folks, is that neither of the two
initial remarks, above, *had* to be interpreted as offensive, nor were
either of them necessary to the straightforward asking or answering of
questions, and would have been best left un-said.

In this, ladies and gentlemen, is demonstrated the *choice* that each
of us must constantly make, whether to ignore or respond to the things
we find annoying, and whether to allow them to annoy us in the first
place, or not. That's the point of developing a *really* thick skin for
your relationships on line.

And, it points out the difficulty in speaking clearly enough and
carefully enough in this medium, that your tone does not come across as
overbearing or confrontational.

I believe neither Debbie nor Deborah set out with the intent of
offending the other. I think the best solution is for each of you to
offer the other a sincere apology for:

A) Saying things unintentionally that the other found offensive...

B) All the hurtful and unkind words that followed.

You'll both need to choose to *not* let this one incident interfere
with your helpful participation in the group. I want you both here and
I want you both comfortable.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you, ladies.

I hope there won't be any further comments or replies to the list, but
if there are, folks, please don't respond to them.

Thank you for your patience, all.

Be well,

Mike Devour
silver-list owner