In the meantime get an eyepatch to protect and keep the eye restful.

"M. G. Devour" <mdev...@eskimo.com> wrote: Hi Steve,

In my experience, misting the eyes frequently with a gentle spray of
home-made CS or putting in a few drops will help prevent bacterial
infection, which will hasten healing and reduce the amount of
discomfort from inflammation. Whether the silver has any direct
positive effect on the healing process is an area of speculation. It
might.

Nothing will fix it right away, though! It's going to hurt until it
starts to heal.

She should spend as much time "resting her eyes" as possible. When I
had an eye injury similar to that, it was the effort to keep one eye
open and the other closed that drove me crazy more than anything else.

Thankfully the cornea heals itself pretty fast if you take care of it.
Take a day or two just to rest, keeping both eyes closed as much as
possible, following whatever treatment regimen you've given yourself.
It will heal. Rent her some books on tape!

The more you try to do in the meantime, the more aggravation it will
be.

  Carol Ann

  The Pessimist complains about the Wind;
  The Optimist expects it to change;
  The Realist adjusts the Sails.   - The world needs more sailors.