Boy, what a bunch of red flags!

 However, recently many health-food manufacturers have promoted
colloidal-silver-based products as cure-alls.

I have never seen colloidal silver promoted as a cure all. I have only
seen it preomoted for the two things it does well, kill pathogens, and
improve healing by reverting injured cells to stem cells.

With the proliferation of the Internet, it has become much easier for
these manufacturers to market their products to unsuspecting consumers

Now they are saying that consumers are not intellegent, when many are
much more informed on certain protocols than most doctors.

using unsubstantiated claims of effectiveness against major illnesses
such as AIDS, cancer, arthritis, and infectious diseases.

What does unsubstantiated claims mean?  There have been thousands of
reports from people, and hundreds of research projects that support many
if not most of the claims I have seen.  I guess by unsubstantiated they
mean that no one has paid the $100,000,000 to get it approved  by the FDA
when they could not patent or make anything one it, or it has not been
published in a refereed journal that is controlled by the pharms.

The patient began noticing changes in his complexion approximately 5
months prior to presentation during a time when he was ingesting
colloidal silver to treat his arthritis.

Here they say it was colloidal silver, but I suspect that is a lie.

He ingested approximately 16 ounces (~ 450 ml) of 450 ppm colloidal
silver three times a day for 10 months.

And now the other shoe drops, there is no way that it could have been
colloidal silver with a concentration of 450 ppm. At least 400 ppm of
that would have had to be soluble silver salts which are known to cause
argyria.

He reported improvement in his arthritis;

Gee, why isn't this an unsubstantiated claim, if everyone else's are?
Just because a pharm reviewer read it and approved it?  Funny, he listed
arthristis as an unsubstantiated claim above, now he makes that same
claim he tried to discredit.

A major portion of ingested silver is absorbed in the small intestine

Without teling what form the silver is in, this is meaningless.  Silver
sulfide is not soluble at all, and neither is a silver dollar.  Colloidal
silver tends to be absorbed in the stomach, and soluble silver salts are
absorbed in the stomach as well. Only sparingly soluble salts such as
silver chloride, or salts that become silver chloride in the stomach,
when taken in amounts that surpass the solubility limit in the stomach
will pass significantly into the intestines where they can still be
absorbed over time.

 On the basis of animal and human experiments it is considered that up to
10 percent of ingested silver salt is initially absorbed.

This is totally depending on the concentration of the silver salt
administered, .8 ppm is the solubility limit of silver chloride, but he
seems to miss this point.

This percentage may be much higher if the mucous membranes of the oral
cavity are disrupted. Some soluble silver salts corrode the
gastrointestinal mucosa and increase the amount of silver absorbed.

He is talking about silver nitrate, and the corrosive part is the
nitrate, not the silver, something he seems unaware of or ignores since
"anything" nitrate is somewhat corrosive.

Most of the absorbed silver is transported through blood as a soluble
colloid with plasma protein.

This is confusing, if it is a silver salt, then how can it be transported
as a colloid in the blood.  The answer is that the salt becomes a colloid
upon exposure to the blood and the developer compounds in the blood,
which first reduce the silver to a colloid, a theory I proposed some time
ago, and now there seems to be experimental evidence to support that.

Some of the silver in plasma is carried as a salt and may be deposited in
various tissues after being reduced to its metallic form.

That is correct, and the cause of argyria.  But he initially called the
concoction taken colloidal silver, but now seems to admit that it had to
have been a silver salt, which of course it was at that high a ppm.
Typical bait and switch.

The highest concentrations of silver are found in the skin, liver,
spleen, and adrenals. Although originally believed to not penetrate the
blood-brain barrier, it has been shown now that parenterally administered
silver salts can accumulate in neurons and glial cells of the brain and
spinal cord. The amount of silver deposited in the various tissues is
directly proportional to the blood supply of the respective organ.

May or may not be true, no references given, and with all the other false
information would not be surprised if this is made up as well.

Animal studies demonstrate that most of the absorbed silver is eliminated
through the gastrointestinal system. Even subcutaneously administered
silver is excreted in the stool. Renal excretion of silver also occurs
and has been shown for one patient to occur up to 3 months after
administration of silver [7].

This is true, but he neglects to cite Roger's study which is probably the
most complete study on this.

Marshall