I don't know exactly, but my impression is that this is only good for
people with certain type of constitutions, for example those that can
tolerate and feel improvement from drinking vinegar. We tried this for
quite a while a number of years ago and didn't feel that there was any
benefit for us.  Perhaps it provides good benefits for people who are
deprived of certain vitamins, etc...

Although it did pique my interest in making wine out of tea (without
the vinegar taste though).

Just my experience.

Dan

>>> "Ed Kasper" <edkas...@pacbell.net> 5/10/2006 11:36:52 PM >>>
If you are interested in kombucha mushroom tea then I don't
recommend that place - only because they recommend using
<<apple-cider vinegar>> which is definitely a no-no. Apple
cider is along the lines of mother-of-vinegar and is a
different species of yeasts and bacteria than kombucha.
These are naturally occurring yeasts ands bacteria in apples
and do make an excellent health drink but it is not kombucha
mushroom tea.
for a full analysis of what constitutes kombucha mushroom
tea see my site
http://www.happyherbalist.com/analysis_of_kombucha.htm

as a note many people give kombucha away just like other
probiotics (kefir and tibicos) don't be afraid to ask, you
may be surprised what your neighbor is doing.

Ed Kasper LAc. Licensed Acupuncturist & Herbalist
Acupuncture is a jab well done
www.HappyHerbalist.com   Santa Cruz, CA.