From: Dennis Gulenchin [mailto:dgulenc...@mts.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:52 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Probiotic Question

  Ed,
  Is there not a way of creating your own mushroom from the mother of apple
cider vinegar? I remember reading about this procedure some time ago but not
sure which list it was on.
  Dennis

  Ed Kasper wrote:

    two of the best non-commercial sites
    Dom's Kefir site
    http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefirpage.html

    and the
    Weston A Price Foundation
    http://www.westonaprice.org/index.html

    Besides the sour kraut and typical fermented foods there's Caspian Sea
Yogurt - which requires no cooking and is smooth and drinkable. Kefir again
no cooking just straining which is a powerhouse and even my 3 and 8 year
olds will ask for it! There's also Kombucha Tea (recommended by Dr Robert
Barefoot/ Calcium Factor) KT is a longer ferment typically 6-8 days and
produces a sparkling apple cider-like tea. How to make kombucha Tea at my
site http://www.happyherbalist.com/pictures.htm.

    The best thing is that once you get started its really easily, and cheap
to make your own. And there's a lot of help at the newsgroups. You may even
ask for  gift - as some of the members do gladly give starters away.

    Ed Kasper LAc. Licensed Acupuncturist & Herbalist
    Acupuncture is a jab well done