Pat, vitamin C is good, but respiratory issues are nearly always
associated with low glutathione, the body's master antioxidant
and detoxifier that also functions to recycle spent vitamin C and
other antioxidants. What this means to you is that you can
continue to use the relatively low vitamin C doses you are now
with increased benefit, as all of the vitamin C you do take can
be used many times.

The research has been there for many years. The lungs are the
third biggest users of low glutathione, and even people with COPD
respond remarkably well. Been there, done that, several times.

I mention this because even when all the other antioxidants are
adequate, glutathione depletion results in illness, increased
infection, cancer, and degeneration or even death, and is
depletion is incredibly common. Glutathione is made from dietary
precursors that are very plentiful in cold-processed whey and in
trace amounts in most raw food.

Sometimes inadequate nitric acid production is an issue but it's
nearly always low glutathione. Cold-procesed whey supplies nitric
acid prcursors as wel as glutathione precursors. My reference
section provides some very interesting studies and a long list of
links into the references on PubMed.

Duncan Crow
http://members.shaw.ca/duncancrow/glutathione-references.html