Dear Ruth,

You write:
> Hi, I hope this is the last message I will send without changing to
> plain text. I am now at the right "tools", but when I click on the rich
> text spot, I am told, " Changing the formatting of the message to plain
> text requires removing of all the current formatting. Are you sure you
> want to do this?" Since I don't know what all the current formatting
> involves, I am reluctant to do this without knowing what effect it will
> have besides changing to plain text.

It's good that you're cautious, Ruth! But I'm glad you're also
exploring and learning your way. <hugs!>

Since the message you just started to get to this point was created
with rich text formatting turned ON, they're just giving you a chance
to think it over before you change to plain-text only.

Since you haven't got a lot of fancy formatting in your (blank)
message, there's nothing to lose! You can click the OK button and go
ahead with confidence.

As soon as you do, it will refresh the screen and you won't see all the
font controls or other formatting buttons that are usually above the
message editing window.

Anytime you *do* want to fancy format an e-mail, just turn Rich-text
back on in the same Tools menu.

> I am gradually becoming wary of clicking on things without knowing what
> all is involved! Cheers, Ruth

Very wise, ma'am! Thank you for your efforts.

Be well,

Mike D.