black rice is better for tonification.  according to TCM.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Robb Allen
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 7:01 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>Bugs from Brown rice

  I had the same thing happen!!!  I know they came from the rice because after
one of the bags was about a month old, the same bugs were inside the bag and it
wasn't even opened yet....I checked and the bag was still air tight.  The funny
thing is that they don't seem to get in any other food.  Good luck getting rid
of them....its been 2 months and I still see an occasional one and thats even
after spraying for them over and over.  Swat them when you see them....I've
just about got them under control finally.  Robb