<<< text/html; charset=utf-8: Unrecognized >>>
--- Begin Message --- This post addresses the recent inquiry relating to home-type
water filtering system. My comments are addressed to drinking-water quantities 0NLY. We have, several times in past years, evaluated multiple units provided by OEMs. A majority of all yielded acceptable results....especially as regards solids and larger-particle (15 micron +) removal. However, one unit stood out above all others. It was manufactured by Doulton. They are an older, established supplier of water filtration/disinfection systems. Our staff was so impressed with our original evaluations that a majority of them now use one of the family-size units for home drinking water supplies. In fact, so do I...plus I have supplied the families of all three of my sons, with the same unit. Some of the advantages of this system are: It is very effective in controlling pathogens of all types; provides a very acceptable level of toxicity control for many common chemical pollutants;
provides excellent taste modification effects; the silver impregnated ceramic cartridge is easily cleaned and provides a very long life. We have staff members using their original cartridges four years after purchase.
The particular unit we use is CCP207 Super-Steryl. It costs about $180.00 American. The replacement cartridge # is CS0700 and costs
about $30.00 each.
We have no financial interest, whatsoever, in this firm. I do not, as a general rule recommend products of one supplier over another....but there is such a wide difference in effectivity in this case, I feel an exeption is in order. The pathogenic component control, alone, makes it a superior address to the healthy drinking water problem.
We evaluated units costing almost three times as much....which revealed to be orders-of-magnitude less effective.
I suggest interested parties Google for the Doulton website
in order to gain more specific information.
Sincerely, Brooks Bradley.
--- End Message ---