Mary, Brooks --

One thing to look for in a cartridge water filter is its ability
to remove 100% of the arsenic. One patented cartridge filter can
do that.

http://codebluewater.com

I've got a whole page on this topic on my site, with links.

Arsenic is a recognized cause of cancer and diabetes. Disease
starts at very low chronic exposure levels of about .5 PPB, and
most bottled water and nearly all tap water contains more than
that.

The EPA safe limit for chronic expoure has been newly reduced
from 25 PPB to 10 PPB and at that level the risk is thousands of
times higher than .5 PPB. Many regions are much higher; find out
about your water from surveys that have been done so far; the
information is on the site.

If your levels average 5 PPB or lower, a little selenium
supplementation will help to reduce it futher; above that level
you really need the filter. Municipal filter systems are also
available.

Duncan