Hello Mike

Can you be more specific about the time. Did they take it from pre-2000 up to the present day, or just for a couple of years in total?

Thanks
David

Dear group,

In another thread David wrote:

Don't assume that someone who looks grey has been taking

colloidal

silver. It's more likely to be caused by heart medication.

I will be interested to see how prevalent use and abuse of
that heart
medication will become, versus the relative frequency of
argyria in the
next few years.

The reason for my remark is a case of argyria I've
encountered:

I recently met a mature couple (in their late fifties or
sixties, I
believe) who both developed argyria over the last few years.
He has
classic generalized pigmentation quite reminiscent of
Rosemary Jacobs,
and she has less intense coloration, except for a mask-like
area around
her mouth and chin which is darker.

What makes their case of special importance to us is the way
in which
they acquired their condition:

In the run-up to Y2K they began making and drinking CS using
the
primitive "three 9V batteries and salt" recipe which was
widely
disseminated on Y2K web sites and discussion forums at that
time.
Unlike Stan Jones or other recent cases, they followed the
instructions
exactly. They didn't over-cook it or drink a glass of muddy
sludge
every day, but made exactly what the promoters of that
recipe intended
for them to make.

While other factors, such as a deficiency in selenium or
vitamin E or
the use of caffeine, may have increased their vulnerability
to argyria,
the only real mistake they made was they followed those
instructions
and drank a glass per day for a long enough time -- and
turned blue.

So, as stunning as it is to confront a genuine case of
argyria in the
flesh, the real message is that the old "pinch of salt"
recipe is now
well *proven* to be capable of producing generalized
argyria, AND there
may be a lot more cases developing in the aftermath of the
Y2K
phenomenon, just like these folks' did.

This is the reason for some of my recent comments urging us
to treat
every new argyria report with complete seriousness and an
absolute
absence of defensiveness. Although we as a group abandoned
the "pinch
of salt" idea in favor of pure silver in water at low
concentrations
much earlier than the rest of the alternative health
community, other
people are *still* promoting that primitive process to this
day.

As I see it our task is four-fold:

* Continue our efforts to promote low concentration silver
preparations
made with fine silver and pure water only.

* Advocate the concurrent use of low-dose selenium and
vitamin E in
conjunction with *any* silver preparation.

* Study and further develop the already successful argyria
treatment
protocol to maximize safety while retaining effectiveness in
reversing
the condition.

* Provide that information to everyone who seeks it, taking
the lead in
helping argyria victims treat themselves.

I was able to explain to this couple what happened. Until I
did, they
didn't know it was the silver that turned them blue. I also
mentioned
the successes we've seen in reversing it, and I will do what
I can to
help them in the months ahead, if they are willing.

So, as for David's observation, although the pharmaceutical
companies
have now produced a heart medicine that might turn people
blue, I'm
afraid the number of legitimate argyria cases which will
emerge in the
next few years may not leave us much to sing about.

Please, tell me what you think? If you'd like to add to,
correct, or
endorse my thinking, send your comments along to the list.
Discussion
would be helpful.

Be well,

Mike Devour