Dear Julius,

At present, you are subscribed to both the silver list as well as the
digest version of the list. So you should be getting two copies of each
message, one set as individual messages, and one set grouped together
into digests.

If there's one thing that has *not* changed lately, it's the way the
silver list software works. This whole clunky edifice is still limping
along exactly the way it has for years.

Now, the digest the list software produces is supposedly a standard
MIME format which is read and displayed very well by decent MIME-
compliant e-mail clients, but gives users of Outlook Express fits, for
example. I see that you're using Thunderbird. I don't know how that
program handles the digest format, but if it presents all the messages
as attachments, then it's doing just as bad a job as Outlook... which
is quite disappointing, as I thought the Mozilla people knew better.

In any case, the best solution for you is to unsubscribe from the
digest, make sure you're *still* subscribed to the regular list, then
set up a filter in Thunderbird so your silver list messages are sorted
into a separate folder for you.

If my version of Thunderbird on my other machine is typical, you need
to click Tools > Message Filters, then click New to start a new filter.
Usually it's easiest to sort by 'Subject Contains CS>' for silver list
messages. Then tell it to Move to some folder you've created to keep
silver list messages in.

If you have any further problems getting this sorted out, Julius,
please contact me in private e-mail at mdev...@eskimo.com so we can see
what's going on.

Be well!

Mike Devour