Morning Debbie and the List,

Mike I fired off a letter to comcast and have gotten the emails about four of them so far talking about that subject I hope this gets fixed ASAP....debbie

   Why fret, why worry?   Take the best solution.  Get another ISP  ASAP.

One can use a different mail server than the ISP, in most cases. Some ISP's intentionally block sending mail to another mail server. Few block picking up mail from another mail server.

You can pick up mail from one mail server and send mail via another mail server, but that can create problems with some lists.

I typically use 2 or 3 mail servers ( POP3 and SMTP ) simultaneously. On many list, like the silver list, I get two messages via different mail servers. So ........ one can blow a fuse and I never miss a message.

Most people never master these mail servers. One good thing about Eudora is that when a mail server produces an error, Eudora will display the exact error number. I have called the ISP and give them this error number and they can figure out what is wrong.

The key is knowing when to suspect your own settings or know for a fact that the mail server has a problem. I like to call them, give them the details, and state this is why I know you have a problem.

One can often use the search engines to find out more about email problems by using complex search strings with several terms such as the mail program name plus the feature or setting, and a few other words.

As in Guerrilla warfare,   The BRAIN is the best weapon.

Why put up with a biased and unfair  ISP or Mail Server problem?
Or one that is Anti-freedom or Anti-gun?

Wayne