From: M. G. Devour [mailto:mdev...@eskimo.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 7:38 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Tabasco peppers...

Yumm. Sounds good, Dennis. I miss gardening. Haven't done so
since I
was about 14.

Remember the question I was asking was whether the tabasco
sauce many
folks would have in the cupboard would be useful first aid
for a heart
attack, as is reported about cayenne pepper.

It's not cayenne but frutescens. One can assume, or use
whatever's at
hand, I suppose, but we don't know for sure. Anything would
be better
than nothing? What about other hot sauces?

Be well,

Mike D.

> Mike,
> I grow "chili" peppers every year to be dried an ground up
and the pods
> look like the tabasco variety but the plant is not as big
or bushy. They
> are about a foot high with about 50 pods per plant. There
is some good
> info and pictures at Pepper Profile: Capsicum Frutescens
> <http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/profile_frutescens.html>
According to
> this site, the species name "frutescens" means shrubby or
bushy. Dennis

> M. G. Devour wrote:
>
> >Well, I got an answer to my question about the peppers
used in Tabasco

<whatscook...@tabasco.com>
> >Date sent:           Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:33:25 -0500
> >
> >Thank you for your email of recent date. No, TABASCO(R)
Peppers are
> >Capsicum frutescens, TABASCO(R) variety.  Cayenne peppers
are Capsicum
> >annum. Thank you for your interest in our company and our
products.

> >"M. G. Devour" <mdev...@eskimo.com>
> >08/31/2006 07:59 AM
> >
> >To: whatscook...@tabasco.com
> >
> >Subject: Simple ingredient question...
> >

> >Are the peppers you use a variety of cayenne, or some
other pepper
> >entirely?
> >
> >Be well,
> >
> >Mike D.
> >
> >------- End of forwarded message -------
> >
> >[Mike Devour, Citizen, Patriot, Libertarian]
> >[mdev...@eskimo.com                        ]
> >[Speaking only for myself...               ]
> >

> >--
> >The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing
Colloidal Silver.