Ruth,
I have the same problem with low sodium. Table salt and sea salt is not
going to do you much good. You need organic salts that are contained in
vegetables. Doctors don't get it. You need actual foods that are rich in
sodium that your body can absorb. An easy way to correct your problem is to
eat a couple stalks of celery every day which is one of the highest foods in
natural, organic sodium. Having low sodium is very serious. When you are low
in sodium, you can become very allergic to just about everything. Not to
mention a lack of energy, depression etc. It can lead to very serious
illnesses. Your skin becomes dry and dehydrated, and you also become
constipated!  It can also lead to arthritic pains.  Look at your face in a
mirror. Check-out your lips. If the left corner is lower than the right, a
Sodium deficiency exists.
This is how you can check your improvement when you start working on
correcting your low sodium problem without running to the doctor who gave
you bad advice in the first place. The best way to get your sodium level up
quickly is to have a juicer and juice the celery or other foods high in
sodium.

Food Sources High in Sodium
Kelp, Irish Moss, olives, dulse, celery (kelp and dulse are very inexpensive
supplements)
Other sources you can juice-
carrots, okra, spinach, strawberries, apples, beets, asparagus, cucumbers,
plums, radishes and turnips.

Once you correct your sodium level you will find it
helping all of your other health issues. Hope you let us know how it goes.
Best of Luck,
Paula