From: John McLean [mailto:h...@bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:29 PM
To: Dan Nave
Subject: Re: CS>Simple Generator, ONE more component

Dan,
I constructed a CS generator along those lines and I found that whilst
the smaller cathode does effectively reduce the current, the downer is
that one has to "Baby-sit" the process. This was one luxury I couldn't
afford.
I then increased the size of the cathode to the same size of the anode,
and used a current regulated power supply.
Ole Bob (Bob Berger?) was adamant that my setup wasn't going to produce
good quality CS, but an observation of the uS, voltage & current proved
otherwise. He subsequently admitted that current regulation was OK.
I was making 25 litres of CS at a time.
If anyone wants a copy of the graph of the uS, Voltage & current of my
setup let me know.

John in Australia
:
: Ole Bob said you could run an unregulated voltage supply without
: controls and stop when the current reached a particular level.  I have
: found that this makes me stop before I reach the concentration I want
: because I end up having too much current density for my electrodes.
: I wonder if this works if you use a large anode and a small cathode as
: he was recommending, someone said that this effectively limited the
: current.
:

:
: