Well, in the time honored tradition - you may have to practice
(CS/EIS)... to see what works.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Camelot Farms [mailto:camelotfa...@peoplepc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 6:01 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Silver and a goat

The Goat is young approximately 8 month's. I have spoken with University
of Tennessee Vets and I monitor his temperature 2 x day.
He is getting antibiotics suggested by University of Tennessee Vets.
They are a 60 mile drive one way.
Local vets. We'll I have not found knowledgeable and caring so far.
My husband went to get an antitoxin and then sent a toxoid.
\I honestly do not have faith in them.
I have raised horses for 25 years and have the equivalent of a vet tech
from the state I lived in before.
Temp was down to 101.2 this a.m. and was at 102.3 last night.
It has been as high as 103.2. If he needs fluids I can administer same.
I agree a vet would be in order, but I hesitate at the talent available
here. By the way on my EPM horse in order to get her a new prescription
he stressed the hell out of her. I don't believe he understands the
disease.
So back to vets.
Can't find one that I trust so far. I have far more stories when we used
vet services here. A mare with a hole down to the bone that they charged
a lot for but could not cure . CS brought her back. The last time I
really tried a vet.
Sorry for my ramblings, but I have no faith and fear more harm than
good.
Mary Ellen Fox
Camelot Farms Arabians
Parrottsville, Tennessee, USA
home of: CCS Hilm Tahakkak 86.45% Crabbet bred stallion
http://www.camelotfarmsarabians.com