In the past i checked this book out at the library, a bit over my head technically, but i ran across this exert on the yahoo groups silver pets list....from Body Electric " The second link referrences the research of Dr. Robert O. Becker,
M.D./orthopedic surgeon, who discovered benifits of silver ions, in
healing wounds. His theory was that silver ions first kill off
bacteria, then the silver ions convert fibroblast cells, which norally
make scar tissue, into stem cells, which can actually replace
destroyed cells with new cells that follow their original DNA
pattern, rather than the formation of scar tissue. There are photos on
the link of a human finger with was partially cut off, that grew a new
tip after silver ion therapy. With all this debate over stem cell
research, it amazes me that mainstream medical research ignores
anything that has to do with silver, perhaps it is just too easy and
not profitable enough..