Sounds like a whistle without the whistle...

Dan

________________________________

From: shiona phillips [mailto:hyasy...@freenetname.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 6:23 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Cystic fibrosis

On Thursday, October 19, 2006, at 10:26 PM, Jonathan B. Britten wrote:

        I have one tip: several years ago I read a series of articles
about a gadget that CF patients use to breathe in ordinary air. The
device in some manner caused the air to enter the lungs in a pattern or
manner that breaks up mucous.

        I do not recall all the details, but a Google search might turn
up this information. The device was not expensive, simple to use, and
according to the claims, very effective. It saved parents from having to
pound on their childrens' backs to break up the mucous, and was much
more effective.

        Hope this helps.

        JBB

http://www.bearstreetpharmacy.co.uk/flutter.htm

The user simply exhales a number of times into the mouthpiece of the
FLUTTER - causing a steel ball to vibrate inside the casing. The
pressure of blowing against this steel ball, and the vibrations that it
makes, travel back into the lungs where they start to have a positive
effect.

The vibrations affect all the branches of the airways, and like "shaking
apples from the branches of a tree", mucus is loosened.

Shiona