From: "M. G. Devour" <mdev...@eskimo.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: CS>Silver electrodes
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 11:58:45 -5

Carlos writes:
> I got a Swiss Certified 99.9 Fine Silver 250 gram ingot, and I want to
> have it melted and laminated into 8, 10 and 12 gauge (3.264, 2.588 and
> 2.053 mm ø) but I have to make I find a jeweler that can do this without
> contaminating the silver with other metals (mostly gold alloys) they
> normally process. I

I think you have your electrode already in hand, Carlos. No need to
make it into wires, just use the ingot! Arrange things so the clip you
use to hold the ingot stays out of the water. Flip it end for end in
the clip every few batches to even out wear. The thing should last you
a lifetime, unless you're supplying the whole island! <grin>

Calculated crudely, that ingot should be good for 25000 liters of 10
ppm CS. Enough to drown in many times over...

Be well,

Mike D.