Lots of great info here...thanks...
So...it is spelled Curcumin...is this the same as Cumin...the spice one uses
in Chili Dishes?  V

In a message dated 12/16/2006 9:32:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stars...@comcast.net writes:
From: <cking...@nycap.rr.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2006 5:13 PM

 Eh...
 I if have to go thru all of this everytime I mention MY floater regimen....
<sigh>

<grin>! I keep repeating my version of your formula, Chuck, around the 'net
also.

I'm posting some info from my files

I'm posting to see IF my post shows up on the list
(at this point that event will look like a Christmas gift!)

Anyway, learning from Chuck,
I warm up an oz or 2 of CS, open an eyebright cap ***(Eyebright as in the
Herb?) into it, making a "tea",
stir in the MSM,***(do you think this would work without the MSM?) let it
steep, then strain.
Haven't tried putting in any DMSO, but that'll be next....

I've only used this for the occasional appearance of tiny cysts on my
eyelids.
It's great for this, the darn things just detach after a few rinsings in an
eyecup.

Never thought about using it regularly for the floater/s I now have since
the vitreous in my right eye starting detaching last year. That was a fun
day that started with flashing lights and ended with the fat black floater;
that's when I ended up in the ER and then an eye Dr's office.
  ****Had the exact same experience...did this really clear up the floaters???
       Do you still have the lights ?

Sharon/starshar

And here's some info I saved to a file:

Curcumin Treating eye disorders

Curcumin is apparently more than your typical kitchen spice.
It's the substance that gives ginger its yellowish colour, and it has been
implicated
in the treatment of certain eye diseases and conditions.
One of those is known as chronic anterior UVEITIS (CAU), an inflammatory
condition of the vascular layer of the eye, particularly the area comprising
the
iris. In one small study, Curcumin was given orally to 32 chronic anterior
uveitis
patients who were divided into two groups.
The first group received Curcumin alone, whereas the second group received a
combination of Curcumin and antitubercular treatment.
Amazingly, all of the patients treated with Curcumin alone improved, compared
to a response rate of 86% among those receiving the combination therapy.
The researchers concluded that Curcumin was just as effective as
corticosteroid therapy, the only available standard treatment for chronic
anterior uveitis
at present, adding that "the lack of side effects with Curcumin is its
greatest advantage compared with corticosteroids."

Similar research using rats and rabbits found that Curcumin effectively
inhibited chemically induced cataract formation, even at very low dietary
levels.
The same study also found, for the first time, that this type of
induced cataract may be accompanied by apoptosis of epithelial cells in the
eye and that Curcumin may lessen the apoptotic effect.
In one of the earliest studies examining Curcumin as a potential cataract
therapy,
researchers fed two groups of rats, diets that included corn oil, or a
combination of Curcumin and corn oil for 14 days
Afterward, their lenses were removed and examined for the presence of lipid
peroxidation.
The scientists discovered that "the lenses from Curcumin-treated rats were
much
more resistant to. induced opacification than were lenses from control
animals."

Awasthi S et al. Curcumin protects against 4-hydroxy-2-trans-nonenal-induced
cataract formation in rat lenses. Am J Clin Nutr 1996 Nov;64 (5):761-6.
Lal B et al. Efficacy of curcumin in the management of chronic anterior
uveitis. Phytother Res 1999 Jun;13(4):318-22.
Pandya U et al. Dietary curcumin prevents ocular toxicity of naphthalene in
rats. Toxicol Lett 2000 Jun 5;115(3):195-204.