****Hi Sharon...I posted inside your response...please scroll down...thanks V.

In a message dated 12/18/2006 10:30:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stars...@comcast.net writes:
Way back in May of this year I finally caved and accepted meds for the
> high blood pressure...nothing but problems since and the kicker is ...the
> pressure still isn't going down.

There are so many ways people have found to lower/normalize their blood
pressure, that books have been written....
But I'll pass along one that I have personal knowledge of.
The man in my life fights me tooth and nail over trying to get supplements
into him, so I gave up the idea of "pills" for him.
He started taking prescription meds and I couldn't do anything to prevent
that.
What I did was get rid of all the regular supermarket salt in the house.
He's used nothing but the best seasalts for the last 5 yrs.
******Before I gave up the salt...I was using what I thought was a good Sea
Salt...
   I had read a lot about the Thryoid problem we are experiencing (society in
general)
   and it is thought to be brought about by our being told to "give up" salt
over the years.

   Since our Sea Food is so polluted and our farmlands so worn out...we get
next to nothing of the very important Iodine in our diets...salt was really the
only way people were taking Iodine into their systems...when they gave that
up...well, no more Iodine and the results are now being observed as being an
epedemic of depressed Thyroids.

Same thing with Vitamin D...which is actually Pandemic...since we have been
told to slather sunblock on even if we go out for the mail...:(   (I
exaggerate, of course)...we have also blocked the benefits from exposure to
Sunlight...Vitamin D.
The answer is so simple...use the Sunblock if being in the Outdoors for long
periods of time..just be sure and get in 15 to 20 minutes of Sun daily...minus
the sunblock.

Two years ago in trying to find the reason for the pain in my bones and
muscles..tests..including a PTH- Intact showed that I had a -zero Vitamin D in
my
system.
Not surprised.  As an Irishwoman ...I have always been very sensitive to the
sun...and avoid it like the plague.  This Had to result in a negative D
level...along with a genetic glitch in my family...makes for some nasty
problems.
Did intensive therapy and brought the levels to about 20...the numbers
should be minimum
of 50..trying a new doc..will see what he says.

His BP dropped to normal within a few months but the doc wouldn't agree to
take him off the meds.
"See, they're working" said he (my comments to this are unprintable)
But a yr ago, in prep for major ENT surgery, that doc told him to stop the
meds a month before.
*****could the surgery have corrected a problem that may have been causing
his B.P. to spike...along with this correction the use of a good Sea Salt could
have managed to reverse his B.P.????

A year later, no meds, no supps, but perfect BP.
Good ol' seasalt. I switch around between Celtic, Real Salt, and Himalayan.
 ****I am going to do some research on Sea Salts...It may be that I need to
change brands...

And, BTW, this is a man who salts Bacon and Ham!!

The "old time" docs used to just give their hi BP patients potassium and
found that it worked beautifully for most of them.
******Thats a tricky balance there....if the Kidneys are not functioning
properly...to much Potassium could be dangerous...I have to watch it there.
Old age brings me many little surprises...:(

Thank you for your informative post...V.

Sharon