American Biotech is a big bullshitter...one of the best.
BUT, they do make very good "EIS"

..it's just not different from good home made.

ode

At 05:07 PM 2/4/2007 -0500, you wrote:

ArgyriaVictim said, >They banned this crap long ago
for the simple fact it does nothing but turn you gray.
 Anything you think you are getting out of it is
purely a placebo effect.<

When I first began to research the topic of colloidal
silver, I ran into two kinds of info sources. One was
from vendors who made preposterous claims with no
valid sources to support those claims.

The other was from legitimate scientific sources
reporting research findings from Doctors, medical
clinics and University laboratories. There were not
many of these at first, but as the years have gone by,
the published research reports have increased.

When I discover that the EPA has granted licenses to
American Biotech to sell colloidal silver as a dental
mouthwash and a hospital disinfectant, that catches my
attention.
www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/May2002/28/c9786.html
www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/April2003/30/c5804.html
www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/March2002/21/c2806.html

When I read that American Biotech was "chosen by the
United States Senate Committee for Homeland
Defense as one of a few companies 'that can and does
make important contributions to homeland security'",
that certainly seems to be significant.
www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/August2002/21/c4351.html

Since American Biotech, in my understanding, has only
one product, colloidal silver, I find very significant
their reports that colloidal silver has been found to
be 98-99.9% effective against malaria, tuberculosis,
bubonic plague, Resistant Hospital Staff Infection and
anthrax.

See:
www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/September2002/16/c1055.html
www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/September2003/04/c7099.html

www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/June2002/19/c7794.html

www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/February2003/24/c3100.html
www.cliftonmining.com/ann0.htm

Brigham Young University's Microbiology Department
tested colloidal silver and found it to be extremely
effective against a wide range of bacteria.
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2002/3/prweb34782.php

A recent study, published in the Journal of
Nanotechnology, was a joint project between the
University of Texas, Austin and Mexico University,
Nuevo Leon, to study the effect of silver nanosilver
particles against the HIV virus. Quoting from the
article, "Scientists are also studying other uses for
silver nanoparticles. We're testing against other
viruses and the 'super bug (Methicillin resistant
staphylococcus aureus).' Our preliminary results
indicate that silver nanoparticles can effectively
attack other micro-organisms. During the study,
researchers used three different methods of limiting
the size of the silver nanoparticles by using capping
agents. The capping agents were foamy carbon, poly
(PVP), and bovine serum albumin (BSA). The particles
ranged in size from 1 to 10 nanometers depending on
the method of capping. After incubating the HIV-1
virus at 37 C, the silver particles killed 100% of the
virus within 3 hours for all three methods. Already
used as a topical antibiotic in the medical industry,
silver may now come under consideration as an
alternative to drugs when it comes to fighting
previously untreatable viruses such as the Tamiflu
resistant avian flu."
http://www.physorg.com/printnews.php?newsid=7264
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=1401

Notice: "Research to be carried out at the University
of Leicester will develop silver nanoparticles, in a
form which can play a significant role in combating
MRSA, Cystic Fibrosis and AIDS, as well as the
treatment of wounds."
www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=40586

Notice: "Silver Helps Regrow Human Tissue"
http://www.perutechnologies.com/sipr2.html

Notice: "Silver in the Treatment of Osteomyelitis"
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/545270_1

Lastly, notice these letters:

The following two letters to and from the USFDA are
most informative:

October 14th, 1999
Food and Drug Administration
U.S. Department Of Health and
Human Services
Public Health Service
5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville, MD 20857

Dear Sirs/Madam,

Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act and in
regard your August 17th, 1999 ruling regarding
colloidal silver, could you please supply the
following documentation on which you based your
decision?

1. The number of deaths related to the consumption of
colloidal silver.

2. The number of allergic reactions to the consumption
of colloidal silver.

3. The number of harmful drug interactions from both
OTC and prescription drugs when combined with
colloidal silver.

4. The number of reported cases of Argyria from
colloidal silver made with the AC or DC electrical
process.

5. The number of cases of Argyria from colloidal
silver that did not contain protein stabilizers.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this
request.

Sincerely,
Brent Finnegan

The FDA response:

Public Health Service
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
Office of Training and Communication
Freedom of Information Staff HFD-205
5600 Fishers Lane 12 B 05
Rockville, Maryland 20857
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES

November 3, 1999

In Response Refer to File: F99-22589
Brent Finnigan Takoma (sic), WA 98408

Dear Mr. Finnigan:

This is in response to your request of 10/14/99, in
which you requested adverse events associated with the
use of Colloidal Silver. Your request was received in
the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research on
10/25/99.

We have searched the records from FDA's Adverse Event
Reporting System (AERS) and have been unable to locate
any cases that would be responsive to your request.

Charges of $3.50 (Search $3.50, Review $0,
Reproduction $0, Computer time $0) will be included in
a monthly invoice. DO NOT SEND ANY PAYMENT UNTIL YOU
RECEIVE AN INVOICE.

If there are any problems with this response, please
notify us in writing of your specific problem(s).

Please reference the above file number.

Sincerely,

Hal Stepper
Freedom of Information Technician
Office of Training and Communications
Freedom of Information Staff, HFD-205

Now, ArgyriaVictim, I have supplied you with just a
few of the sources that convince me that colloidal
silver is a viable and effective approach to
combatting disease. Please supply the sources of the
info concerning those numerous cases of harm from
colloidal silver that you refer to. Our attitude is
that yes, any mineral is unhealthy at levels beyond
what our bodies can handle. Iron and selenium, both
minerals our bodies need, are toxic in high doses. We
have seen no evidence that a few ounces of 10 ppm
colloidal silver/day can possibly hurt anyone. Nor
have we read about any of those cases of damage from
colloidal silver you refer to.

The tone in your posts was very confrontive, but we
are not trying to hurt anyone. We are not villains,
out to  deceive others. We make our own colloidal
silver and have many, many experiences that convince
us that what we are doing is safe and effective. If we
are wrong, we would certainly want to know. If you
have specific info to the contrary of our
understanding, please enlighten us, but do try to
communicate with courtesy.

Terry Chamberlin

http://mail.yahoo.com

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>