Marshall-thanks, but doesn't exactly answer the question in my mind which i
probably didn't express well since there's actually lots of them and they're
not formed up clearly either...

the silver ions that get into the blood without becoming AgCl in the
stomach, say if absorbed sublingually or in the lungs, are immediately
confronted with an abundance of Cl ions to react with...will they not
immediately do so and thus form AgCl salts unless they happen to react with
something else first?

of the silver chloride in the gut that passes into the blood....is that only
the part that dissolves (the ~0.8ppm)? or will undissolved salts also get
through to the blood?  i believe i've read elsewhere that the salts that
form in the gut will mostly pass straight out the pipe?
when the AgCl dissolves, it becomes free ions again, which will again
readily form the salt, so in a pure water soln there's an equilibrium with
that small portion being dissolved free ions?
so the same would occur in blood, however the blood has lots of other things
for it to contact and react with about a zillion things that can and do
happen, correct?

i guess what i'm puzzling over is the ongoing debate over just what is it
that is actually killing pathogens, metallic particles or ions or both.  and
also struggling to understand the processes going on so as to better
understand how to most effectively use CS internally while avoiding eventual
argyria.

thanks much, every little bit of further understanding i grasp helps.
bobL

<http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/;_ylc=X3oDMTE4MGw4Z2hlBF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2B