Deborah, die off is expected to a degree with some therapies, but
because it's actually a symptom of rising toxin load, you can
ameliorate it by quenching the toxins properly by supporting
liver and cellular function to handle that toxin load.

In other words die-off is a symptom of free radical harm and
increased toxin load, and you may not get the (Jarisch-
Herxheimer) reaction if you take biologically supportive
precautions to handle it.

I have a liver function article scanned in from a book by a Great
Smokies Labs founder; email me (anyone) for it and start to
balance and support your liver's detoxification function and your
immune system properly.

I think the only thing the article got wrong was mentioning oral
glutathione as a supplement, which doesn't work, and mentioning n-
acetylcysteine as the alternative for glutathione increase
although it is rapidly hydrolysed into free cysteine, a toxin, so
is only marginally useful in an emergency. Undenatured whey,
selenium and lipoic acid are useful glutathione promoters but I
don't recall them being mentioned together.

Duncan