Hi Dee.  Having a low temp means you are hypothyroid, unless it is 30
degrees in your house and you are cold!  When I was a child, the heat
didn't bother me at all, but as an adult, I couldn't stand it because I
hate to sweat. Maybe that's because I don't want my hair to frizz though
(!). I don't know, but I hated heat even when my temps were low and
before I treated my underactive thyroid.  Supposedly, if you have low
thyroid function, one symptom you could get is that you'll get cold
easily, but it isn't that way for everyone and it wasn't that way for me.

The most accurate way to determine your thyroid status is to take your
temperature orally as soon as you wake up and before getting out of bed.
  If it's below 98.2, and you weren't uncovered and freezing in a cold
room before you awoke, then you have an underactive thyroid.  You can
also take your temps morning, afternoon and evening for 3 days and then
average them all out to get a more accurate reading.  Still though, if
they average out to under 98.2, you're definitely hypothyroid.

Jodi