Oh, Dan, I hadn't realised. I did the same thing the other day with grandchild pics to all my friends; at least that one was private, not published. What has happened is that we have changed from MS to Mozilla and Firefox, and some of the differences catch me. One is having to specially remember to go and look for the BCC box, down to the third line down with no reminder; on MS the BCC line was there in front of me on the top address section, and it was easier to remember. I just HATE having people's addresses show up on my mail - hey everyone, here are all my friends, why not come and send them some junk mail? I do hope this has not happened often. It is certainly not what I want to happen.

The other thing I haven't mastered is getting Mozilla Thunderbird to put my incoming mail into my boxes automatically. Some of you guys who have pioneered using Mozilla and recommended it to the rest of us may be able to help me. I have tried several times to set rules for the messages to go to their correct boxes, but so far nothing has worked, so all my mail comes in to one mail box, and every now and then I have to sort the posts out and put them manually into, for instance, my CS file, and so on. At least I have cut down my groups dramatically, and now only have the ones I simply cannot bear to part with. But it is an absolute pain having them all come in the same box. There might be one I need to answer, and if it is in a sea of "ordinary" posts, I might not see it for ages.

Who has the Knowledge on getting the mail sorted into the right boxes on Mozilla Thunderbird, folks?

And Dan, thanks for alerting me to the fact. I caught myself in time several times, got it wrong only once to my knowledge, but now I realise I might have done it more than once. Grrrrrrr!

Rowena

Dan Nave wrote:
You sent this message to the Silver-List and: The e-mail of all these individuals also shows up. A better way to do
it is to send the e-mail to one person (the silver-list, or in other
cases maybe even yourself since your e-mail address is going to be shown
at any rate) and the rest should be included under the:

"Bcc" or Blind (carbon) Copy.

This means that they will all get the message, but that no-one else will
see that they received it or get access to their e-mail addresses.