I have not done so, but the ionization potential is about the same, so it might be the same.

http://www.chemicool.com/elements/copper.html

http://www.chemicool.com/elements/silver.html

There was quite a discussion on the colloidalsilver2 list about the toxicity of copper, so beware of that.

The skin takes in a surprising amount of metals through contact. For example, canning jar lids used to be made of zinc, but that proved to be poisonous for daily use, and were replaced by steel. Also, my grandmother wore a copper bracelet for her arthritis, and it helped a great deal.