> This is exactly the sort of thing that unit tests are good at documenting.
> The document is executable and therefore verifiable in its claims
about the underlying execution behavior.

The thought of an already existing generalized test language, that allows
documentation of minute details of the emulated CPU, memory management, and
peripherals, is intriguing.

The thought that as we go along and discover the quirks of the original system
we update these tests and automatically this documents our knowledge of the
emulated system is certainly appealing.

But I have to admit that I'm not familiar with a formalism that's general
enough to do all this and also auto-documents the emulated system.

To me it's mostly an academic "this could exist" thing. I'd love to be educated!

Tim.