On 11/20/15 10:51 AM, Anders Magnusson wrote:
Den 2015-11-20 kl. 17:35, skrev Will Senn:
Hi,

I have searched and searched and have not found a satisfactory answer to this question:

How can I efficiently copy files from my host system to unix version 6 running in the pdp11 emulator and from unix 6 to my host system?
I usually do this by just tar'ing to/from a disk file, something like:

on pdp11: tar cf /dev/rxp0c myfiles
on host: tar xf simh-disk-file

Works both ways :-)

-- Ragge
Hi,

This sounded promising, but as it turns out there appear to be 2 problems... 1. v6 doesn't have tar, and 2. it looks like v6 doesn't have rx device support (floppies). Are you using v6 with tweaks, or v7, or some other variant of unix?

Thanks,

Will